Spitbank Fort is probably the UK's most exclusive private island. Absolutely unique with the benefit of total privacy and relaxation, this unusual property is set in the heart of the Solent. This luxury island comes fully catered with your own private chef. Enjoy all round stunning sea views in the company of friends family or work colleagues.
Click image on the left to enlarge
SLEEPS 16+ GUESTS in HAMPSHIRE * Three private dining rooms * Three bars * Function suite * Wine cellar * Coastal property with rooftop hot tub * Sun decks and sauna * High level of privacy and tranquillity and only accessed by boat
The Accommodation Eight luxury double bedroom suites with en-suite bathrooms. The Crows Nest has a double sofa bed for another two guests taking the maximum number of guests to 18
- There are eight luxury double bedrooms all with ensuite facilities and one further luxury bedroom with ensuite in the Crows Nest function room. The accommodation also includes, functions rooms, TV rooms, Library, traditional gym, games rooms, a lighthouse and roof top courtyard. This is truly a unique property The rooftop has a huge 16 person hot tub pool with stunning sea views, perfect to enjoy a glass of champagne in the late afternoon. You can also find two large sun decks, an ideal location to relax with your favourite book, or if you would prefer to let off some steam, why not unwind in the roof top sauna. If it’s a cool night you can sit round the sunken fire pit, toasting marshmallows and enjoying a glass of wine or whisky whilst watching the sun set over The Solent.
- The Officer’s Mess room is the stunning dining room at Spitbank Fort. The historic arched, brickwork ceilings are beautifully lit giving a warm glow which compliments the modern dining facilities. As you dine in this stunning interior, you can also admire the wonderful views of Portsmouth Harbour on one side and internal views of the courtyard on the other
- The Laurent-Perrier Victory Bar is where you can enjoy your complimentary glass of bubbly when you arrive on the Fort. There is a comfortable lounge area furnished with squishy leather armchairs and sofas, perfect for relaxation. Within this room there is also the Laurent-Perrier Champagne bar which makes any celebration extra special
- The Crow’s Nest is a modern and contemporary room with stunning 360 degree views of the Solent and Portsmouth Harbour. This spectacular room is great spot for watching the ships sail by on the Solent. The room is also perfect for holding more intimate events as there is also a bar area. If needed, there is a double luxury sofa bed that can be made up so the whole room can be used as an extra special bedroom. Doors open up onto a terrace perfect for barbecues. This room probably has the best views as it is on the upper level of the Fort
- The Hot Pool and Sauna are ideal for enjoying yourself in a peaceful environment. With their own changing rooms and cold water showers, the hot pool and sauna give you an unforgetable experience in a unique location! The 16 person hot pool and 8 person sauna are situated on the roof which means you can enjoy the warmth of the hot pool and at the same time, enjoy the views of the Solent, Isle of Wight and the other two stunning forts: Horse Sand and No Man’s Land
- The cosy Fire Pit is the perfect place to gather around on the circlar bench seating with blankets, feeling the warmth of the open wood fire in the centre. This is especially enjoyable at night where you are sheltered from the wind and can look up to do some star gazing!
- There are many recreation rooms in the basement of the Fort ranging from darts to a billiards table, a pinball machine to a poker table. In addition to these fantastic facilities you can also, if booked in advance, experience fine wines through a Spitbank Wine tasting experience or perhaps a spa treatment by your own personal therapist
With close proximity to Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight, Spitbank Fort offers guests a choice of fantastic shops, exhilarating activities and mouth watering restaurants.
All guests can have preferential rates with OnBoard Charters. From exhilarating RIB rides and fishing trips, to stylish yachts and cruisers, they can provide a truly memorable experience
History Situated a mile off the Portsmouth coast, Spitbank Fort is one of four Napoleonic forts that dominate the Solent. Authorised for construction in 1860, the forts were built to protect the approaches to Portsmouth from an invasion by Napolean III. Although work commenced in 1867, this wasn’t completed until 1878. These forts have never fired a shot in anger and are more commonly known as the ‘Palmerston Follies’. Throughout the Government’s 100 years of ownership, Spitbank Fort underwent several enhancements in response to various threats from the continent, including updates in military technology such as searchlights, anti-aircraft defences and more efficient guns. Spitbank has armour plating on its seaward side it is no mean feat of engineering. The seaward side was originally armed with nine 12.5 inch muzzle loading guns, which were replaced in 1884 with more modern 12-inch breech-loading guns and these remained in service until after World War I. The fort was declared surplus to requirements in 1962 but was only sold by the Ministry of Defence in 1982. Since then the fort has been privately owned and has gone through many guises before being transformed into a unique luxury venue like no other!
- Exclusive use of the Fort, in complete privacy
- Full Crew, including General Manager, Personal Chef, Sommellier and Housekeeping
- Champagne reception upon arrival
- Exclusive boat shuttles to and from the Fort
- Buffet Lunch served in the Crows Nest, a three course dinner in evening is in the Officers Mess served with canopies to start and coffee to finish. Full English Breakfast
- Toiletries – Penhaligon
- Bed linen and bath towels
- Open air hot pool with stunning sea views
- Roof top sauna
- Roof top fire pit
- Roof top sun decks
- Roof top Champagne bar
- Function rooms
- Glass lighthouse overlooking Portsmouth
- Games rooms (including poker room and darts room)
- TV rooms
- Smoking room
- Relaxation rooms
- Traditional gym
- Good 3G mobile phone signal available on most networks on the upper and middle decks
Additional Services The following services are available on request for which there will be an additional charge:
- Weddings are at a higher tariff, please ask for prices
- Spitbank Fort has a civil wedding license and Weddings are catered for with up to 60 guests able to celebrate at the Fort for the day, please ask for prices
- Hen parties considered
- Stag parties considered